Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas

My last christmas in California! oh how bittersweet! These past two days have basically been spent watching Doctor Who marathons on BBC America, and literally watching nothing else. Christmas morning, on the other hand, was fun, I got lots of gifts, mainly more dresses (eeeek!) but I also got some more interesting things.
The best gift by far was my 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver!

Mom got me a red beret

I finally got Rushmore on DVD and Rachel Getting Married (mom and I saw that in a super indie hole in a wall theater back when it was in theaters)

A portable hard drive to store all my movies/tv shows

My very own tea cup!

I really love playing with my sonic!

On thursday I saw Midnight in Paris for the first time. Oh boy how I love that movie! Gil, the main character, is so relatable to! He's a writer (check), he wishes he was born in a different time (check) and he believes to be a writer one has to spend their time in europe (check). Although I wish I was alive in swinging London aka London in the sixties, I felt so connected to the main character. It was a great movie, it has F. Scott Fitzgerald! Obviously not the real one, but still, I love me some F. Scott! 

Then on Friday, while watching BBC America as always, there were two documentaries on the Beatles. Oh how I love the Beatles! Aside from their music they are such big pop culture icons and big influences in the 1960s. It got me to desire even more how much I would love to live back then, fashion was so wonderful, everything was so new (pop culture, music, ideas) I wish people were still as idealistic and enthusiastic about life like they once were. 

Anyway, here are some of my 1960s faves. 
my main man and the only person whose face I'd ever consider getting tattooed on me: Bob Dylan!

bombshell Jean Shrimpton

The Beatles

and now just random pictures





No comments:

Post a Comment