Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chicago is so [five] years ago.

Last friday I arrived home to find a black box covered in little doodles awaiting me, right away I knew exactly what it was and instantly began screaming. As I ran closer to it right on the plastic wrap around it were small green letters reading: You're in! The package was from none other than my dream college: Columbia College of Chicago. I applied there with no intention of getting accepted into a school I've been obsessed with since the 7th grade, but now here I am five years later officially accepted! I've picked this school over my more "cheaper " "realistic" school ASU, because it's a dream come true and there's nothing better in life than chasing ones dream, so that's exactly what I'm going to do. I don't care that it's more expensive and in a much bigger city, it's a once in a lifetime chance and I'm going for it! So it looks like in 8 months I am going to be leaving the California sun for the cold streets of Chicago. I'm scared shitless, but that's the great part of growing up... I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Jessica.
    You'll survive. I'll be sending you packages with scarves and blankets starting October!

    ReplyDelete